Wrinkling can happen due to several different reasons and there are several different ways to tackle it. The kind that we're most concerned about for men and women (regardless of age) is caused habitual facial expressions, aging, sun damage, smoking, poor hydration, and various other factors.
No matter what age you are, whether it's skin wrinkling is just becoming prevalent, or approaching an age where you're not exactly keeping your age a secret anymore, there are several ways to help you prevent, reduce, or avoid wrinkles.
So without further delay, here is a list of a few techniques and useful info you can apply on the day to day in order to reduce and prevent wrinkles.
1. Watch out for the sun! This is usually a primary cause for wrinkles, with dozens of studies proving that it has it's fair share of effect. It's proven that the sun has an even stronger effect on wrinkles than your genetics. Tests comparing two siblings have shown that sun-loving siblings have a higher tendency to get wrinkles than their counter part.
2. Stop Squinting and get glasses! Making the same facial movements can come with consequences as it fatigues your facial muscles, creating a groove under the skin's surface. This groove will probably become a wrinkle. Don't forget your sunglasses as well. It will protect skin around the eyes from sun damage and will help avoid squinting.
3. No Smoking please! This advice hasn't really been 100% proven, but more and more studies are showing that cigarette smoke ages skin -- mostly by releasing an enzyme that breaks down collagen and elastin. Furthermore, another test showed that a sibling who smoked had 40% more wrinkles than his brother/sister who didn't smoke.
4. Sunscreen anyone? So you can stay away from the sun huh... the American Academy of Dermatology says, wear sunscreen or use a face cream! This not only will help you keep vibrant, young skin which is wrinkle free but more importantly it can help you avoid skin cancer
5. Go to bed! You have to sleep, if not your body produces excess cortisol (see below cause it's not good), a hormone that kills skin cells. With enough sleep the body makes more HGH (Human Growth Hormone) which can aid in keeping that skin of yours young, flexible, and wrinkles
6. Want to spoon? Think again cause sleeping on your back can actually help avoid wrinkles. Weird huh? However, the American Academy of Dermatology says that sleeping in some positions for several nights can cause "sleep lines -- wrinkles that become engrained onto the surface of the skin and don't go away once you're up. Sleeping on your side increases wrinkles on cheeks and chin, even more sleeping face-down may result in that weird eye brow wrinkle.
7. Face creams. Do they work? Well that's hard to answer because you need to make sure to get the right creams... you see most creams out there contain useless minerals which either do nothing or give the impression that they're helping temporarily. However, proven creams which contain collagen can help. Thats because they contain Collagen. Collagen is what allows our skin to stay firm and young! The great thing about it is that it's a natural type of protein that helps keep our body structured. The underside is that as we get old we keep producing less and less collagen which ends up causing us wrinkles. That's why face creams are so efficient as they help the skin produce more Collagen.
Also be sure to look for creams which contain Hyaluronic Acid. Hyaluronic Acid, as scary as it sounds, is probably the best way to keep the skin hydrated, prevent dryness and keep the skin fresh and wrinkle free. HA does this because it's able to guard the water that's already prevalent in our skin, which is something that no other natural mineral can do. HA is able to increase the smoothness and softening of our skin so we can prevent and reduce wrinkles. Lastly, most creams contain SPF. That's great news as it helps fight away the sun (wrinkles' Number 1 Enemy!)