Are you unhappy with your dry or damaged hair? You can attain beautiful, long hair by making a few lifestyle changes. Start by following these six steps to longer hair.
1. Condition with Hot Oil Treatments. Using products with vitamins and essential oils will keep your hair healthy and strong. Be sure to use a moisturizing conditioner each time you use shampoo, and a deep treatment can be used up to two times per week. Conditioning keeps hair full of moisture, decreasing breakage and split ends.
2. Perform a Daily Scalp Massage. A daily scalp massage increases blood flow to the scalp, increasing hair growth. This can be done during the shower for an easy routine. Use a gentle touch to avoid inadvertently pulling out any hair.
3. Avoid Breakage. Heat tools used for styling damage the hair shaft. Use heat tools sparingly, if at all. Try to let hair dry naturally instead of using a blow dryer. Heat tools such as curling irons and straighteners can pull on your hair, damaging hair or even pulling it out at the root. Aggressively brushing also can pull hair out by the root. Brush very gently and only when hair is dry or slightly damp.
4. Avoid Stress and Sleep Deprivation. Sleep and relaxation are extremely important in regulating growth hormones. Keeping a regular sleep cycle ensures your body has sufficient time to rejuvenate. It is during sleep that your body creates the new layer of cells at the roots. Stress can disrupt growth hormones and extreme stress can even cause hair to fall out, causing thinning and bald spots. Allowing time for relaxation is essential for longer, stronger tresses.
5. Consume a Healthy Diet. A variety of vitamins and minerals are essential to rebuild hair. Vitamins A, B, E, biotin, and protein are especially important. If your diet is lacking nutrition, it may be beneficial to start taking a daily hair vitamin.
6. Avoid Chlorine and Other Chemicals. Chlorine is extremely damaging to hair. Avid swimmers should use swimming caps. Other chemicals that may be just as damaging are in harsh perming, straightening solutions, and styling gels. Chemically restructuring hair weakens the hair shaft, increasing breakage. Keeping your hair in a natural state is always best.
Following these six steps will help you achieve beautiful, healthy hair. Soon your hair will be growing stronger and longer than you ever thought possible!